Thursday, January 21, 2010
good form and all in good time
1) first of all, i must thank you for your thoughts, prayers and candlewhisperings. they are all so appreciated.
2) today was one of those springlike days in winter (per the calendar) that was insanely amazing. after such a harsh winter, everyone seemed to be out. spring, i tell ya...coeds in booty shorts, a boy lugging a huge bag of catfood home on his handlebars, backyard laughter that floats over fences and the hollyhock already sprouting up. already, we are thinking of what roses can be squeezed in with a shoehorn.
3) as a recovering stuffaholic, i used my 'tell me no' call to my sister tipper who i call when i really want a 'tell me yes'. not only did i get a 'yes, you must snap up that vintage table for next to nothing.' but a 'i want a photo when you get it home from the thrift store.'
4) my first project of this semester is a series of posters that represent who we are. no photography, pure typography. the six of us shared a scarywonderful intake of breath---revelation through typography.
5) in honor of my four year blog anniversary, i will be doing a drawing for a goodyprize. if you want to enter, please leave one word (just one) that describes yourself. the drawing will be on january 31st.