Friday, September 11, 2009
back to glory
1) this is the rose that i rooted years ago from a cutting from the one at my grandparents' house. this summer, i dug it up from my old house and nursed it back to glory. as of tonight, it is in the ground at this new old house.
2) the rain that we are finally getting has washed the rocks clean and revived my little garden. with every little drop, there is a 'thank You, thank You, thank You!'
3) last friday night, i shoveled and spread the last wheelbarrow of the 36th (and final!) yard of rock. the last of the pile had been staring at me for six months and it isn't staring anymore.
4) for the past three weeks, i have learned so much from studying. why do your eyeballs hurt when you study but not when you read for pleasure?
5) it is finally "hot tea and candles" weather. you couldn't make a girl happier.