Tuesday, August 27, 2013

layering spree

black and white on the rocks with a splash of colour
the past few weeks have flown. youngest child deposited in her new dorm. the new singleton life commenced.

a couple of weeks ago, i went on a layering spree. i don't know why it has taken me so long to add more things to my walls, but it felt right. the new rug begged for a little extra graphic feel. my grandmother's rose still life painting hung and one of my prints (which i handprinted with my handcarved franklin gothic typography) now reminds me daily to be extraordinary.
extraordinary
adding more color to the kitchen
the kitchen really started it all. i started adding to the wall and finished it up with vintage tin trays and typography. the process reminds me to play more. risk a few tiny holes in the wall because God made spackle for a reason.

i think that i was reacting to the close of one chapter and the beginning of another exciting one. or maybe i knew that once school started that i would be toast. whatever it was, i am happy that i did it.

1 comment:

fiwa said...

I love this look - especially the kitchen. I could sit right down for a cuppa.

You will continue to flower in your singleton life, as you always do. Glad to see the facetiming with Miss V.