Thursday, June 26, 2008

the view from my sink

from the kitchen window

so, i have buttloads to do still. tomorrow, we go back and pack up a fourteen foot uhaul and clean the house. ugh!

but, can i just say that my heart is so light here? i love this house. it seems this blog always finds me waiting for light, but i am waiting for light so i can take pantry photos. the other ones turned out fuzzy, but in the meantime this is the view from my kitchen sink. not 'my sink that used to be ours', but my old deep porcelain sink.

i can not explain the intensity of the cleaving to this new old home, the discovery of why that hook was there or the covered up rock garden bed and the questions of what was originally there. living in my beloved old house was bittersweet. i loved it and still do. it is magical and has ambience coming out its wazoo, but i didn't realize how abandoned i felt there until i woke up here.

that house helped me keep my head above water while i maintained the semblance of home for my children, our animals and myself, but i really didn't realize the depth of how left behind that i felt there. God is a God of many sutures and painrelief and maybe He had to hide that from me until i arrived here.

12 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This is so beautiful and touching. I'm sending you housewarming blessing and hugs from afar.

Marilyn said...

I never doubted for a second that you would emerge stronger from all this! You gathered the troops, circled the wagons and came out guns blazing.

You are going to do amazing things, Mz Dawn..cuz you are an amazing woman.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn. Welcome home. I've peeked at the new kitchen and it looks sweet. I can see you there.

fiwa said...

I love that view, it is gorgeous. Sweet girl, you are so wise, and I am so proud to be your friend.

I second Anne. Welcome home.
love you -
fiwa

Diane said...

This touching post made me tear up with joy in my heart for you~
I am thinking of you too....=)

Anonymous said...

Amen!
XOXOXOX
JFAP

Brown Bee Studio said...

Yes indeedy....you HAVE arrived home ...Welcome welcome WELCOME! =0]

Cheers to light hearts, old tin roofs, mysteries trippin' over themselves to be discovered....and YOU sweet girlita! xoxo

Sis said...

That looks like a future chicken house to me...


God's sweet love raining down on you, and His blessings on YOUR home...that's what I pray for you, Dawniegirl.
XOXOXOXO

realityphotography said...

"didn't realize how abandoned i felt there until i woke up here"

-i am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Your poet heart has found it's way home...
many good blessings to you and yours
CC

Gin said...

Ditto what Sis said...chicken house! Look how close you'd be to your egg gathering! :)

Isn't it just so cool how things work out in God's plan!!

You're so special Dawniedawn!

I heart you!!!

kansasrose said...

Diamonds and rust baby. YOU ROCK out the tin and rust. God bless you!