Saturday, June 28, 2008

rio chic

pantry love

yesterday was one of those days that you think you got it all planned out and you realize that you don't know nothing.

we arrived at the uhaul place and didn't realize that i should have made a reservation for a truck. derrrr. so, we cleaned the house instead and have it presentable for showings with the preface of 'we are in the process of moving!'...the kids and i had the best day of our life. it was hard work and hard fun. boothe said last night that it was probably the best day of his life. we were wallowing in a delirium mud puddle while working our little curlique tails off.

we hightailed it back here and unpacked the car. you can have your prius and smart car. my mdx packs a lot of shit. "mama, we don't have a box for this?" stick it in the car. it is just a big old cardboard box that cleans up good. after we unpacked it, i started hanging wallcandy...and i think it is pretty much done.

studio is still there and i miss my stuff, but i am over it for the day or next. setting up shop here will be a task, but a fun task.

what amazes me is that you can have one vibe in a house and put the same stuff in another and get another vibe. my sister & her husband came through yesterday on the way to pick up their urchins at camp and i was telling her that the style of this home is rio chic. when one of the movers walked in on monday, he looked around and said "now, this place is hood. i like it." and i know exactly what he means. it is simple and doesn't front.

gotta love a girl with her pantry on

i love my pantry. it is almost done. i forgot the basket that the little alreadyopened thingies (on the bottom shelf of the top photo) go in back at the old house, but it goes right there. i will be taking more photos this weekend. anyone who wants to see them, zip me an e and i will send the link.

today, i am finishing up three more boxes. eveything is painted and i have the last closet to install. i sold all of my items on craigslist that was for the ceiling fan fund so i will go get the last three today. as our reward for the past two weeks of work, we are going to hear some bands tonight at tantra. tomorrow, we will go watch the stupor bowl featuring football on unicycles and then get crackinlackin again next week and finish the move.

14 comments:

fiwa said...

I just want to sit in your pantry and soak it all in. I mean, THAT is what a pantry should look like.

Reading this post fills me with the Joy of it all.

Can't wait to see more pictures - Imma go look right now and see if anything has changed.

lovins,
fiwa

Jill said...

hey d
i wanna see more pics. and...i wanna bring my hooligans over to see it in person. let me know when you're up for a visit.
j

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Girl, I seriously love that pantry. Mine is so boring and messy by comparison.

I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying the vibe in your new home.

lulusparkles said...

gosh, that would have taken me an entire week. u must never sleep.
great job dawn! be happy.

Anonymous said...

Happy times are ahead with a pantry like that :-)

Sis said...

I wanna come to da HOOD!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Dear Rio by the River,
That is so cool that you are RIO CHIC again! I know you are loving being home. Please add the link of your pix to the blog.
So glad you are back on more often! Happy Moving and Happy Housewarming. Enjoy! Love, JFAP

A bird in the hand said...

You come up with the best names.
Rio chic, with biscotti!
xoxo

Gin said...

I love pantries and don't have one. I'll just look at yours!! It's so well organized and pretty. I'd love to see your other pix too!!

Brown Bee Studio said...

Aw dayum girlie...now ya got that song stuck all up in my head....lol I reckon it'll be aight long as you and the yung'uns don't wear ya pants TOO far below your waists....;0]

Oh cheah, and this sassy mouf gal wouldn't be hurt in the least if she got an invite to come stay witcha....oooohh...let's say...in the PANTRY maybe?!?!!? lol I promise I wouldn't sass too much and I wouldn't hog all the foodstuffs either....lmao Sweetpea, they're right...do ya EVER sleep?!

martha brown said...

I wish that I had a pantry... Well, actually my daughter's apartment (upstairs) has one..... so someday I will. Not to soon though -- I need to hold her close for a little while longer. And I'm with you on the ceiling fan fund. I never had one before -- but we have one now -- and it makes a huge difference! the heat doesn't feel so, well... heavy. I need one for every room. Better get making some art to sell!

valerie said...

hi dawn! i haven't left a comment in such a long time it seems, but i check your blog almost everyday anticipating a new peek into your home! i'm glad you have so much sweetness in your life. your kids are such gems! your new old home is precious and i can't wait to see more. i know you're busy, but thank you for sharing when you can!

Gin said...

Hey DawnieDawn, when you get a second, check out my blog, I have an award for you!

XOXOXOX

kansasrose said...

This is quientessential pantriness. Amazing..heck the screen door alone I'd die for. When I die I wanna come back as your pantry. Love it! :)