Tuesday, August 14, 2007

turning siamese



(oh, yes, and you can thank me later for the song that will play in your head all day.)

i spent all day working in my studio yesterday, not the fun work, but the business work & the organizing work...and it still looks the same, though the bills are paid. today, things are going in laundry baskets and i am attacking each basket. the reward today (during the daylight, though) is vacancy and tonight before la ink will be 51 birch street. the studio is a wreck. when you work in different mediums, you have stations and everything gets pulled out and it really is overwhelming. i will take a photo of the 'before' this morning and post it with an 'after' this week.

the other day, i was looking for something else but found an old photo of me and my first siamese cat. i played around with my first siamese and miz blossom who i found on the stack of clean towels on sunday. the old photo is circa 1968 when i was three, before sears toughskins and keds striped 'peelout' shoes. more of those later.

oh, and keely, before i forget, that photoprint above my bed is of two cowboys having a bottle fight on a movieset. my grandmother said alot of things that became hallowed proverbs in our house and one was 'don't use red in the bedroom because it brings out anger in the bedroom.' but she also quoted Scripture with 'never let the sun go down on your wrath'. hmmmmmm. i wonder what she would say about fighting cowboys...

probably, "i told you so."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...the kitty looks like she means business. I'm betting that not much gets by her. lol

I've been on an organizational/disposal/donation kick lately, too. Ohhh..it feels good to get it all somewhat under control.

Marilyn

jackie said...

Yes. Thanks. Now I will be turning Japanese all day...
:)

Look at your cute little self! We could have been best buds. I would have let you play with my Barbie camper and we could have exchanged Barbie clothes.

Diane said...

What a great picture Dawn~I just love 'em. Hey, funny is Mel had to tell me the title joke! You are too much~

Anonymous said...

You are adorable!

~S said...

Well I guess blossom let you know that she had staked claim to the towels. Zack will do that on occaision. Funny how we always manage to find cats that own us of the same varieities we had in our childhood. Red Tabbies are my cat of choice and I am on 3 and 4 now.

fiwa said...

I can get the song out of my head as long as I don't look at the kitty. I love that picture of you, so sweet.

Please, inspire me with before and after pictures. Please. I have mega house cleaning to do before company comes next month, and I'm seriously dragging my feet.

Sis said...

Even when you were 3, you had a chic haircut. I bet you were the best looking toughskin wearer in the neighborhood.

My Siamese Princess was my constant companion from age 9 to 24. I so relate to your pic.

BTW - how did you get your hair to blend in that well? Dang, girl, you are the photoshop guru!
XOXO

Keely said...

What a cutie!!! Now I will have to try to find a picture to post on my blog of me when I was a wee one with our cat!

A bird in the hand said...

You are too cute for words! "Adorable" as they say in French.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Still beautiful - yes you are .........

Janet F A P