this is for all my homegirls who like to kick it dirty.
this was one of those demons that you face. honey, you just have to do it. i had filing that needed filing since march, art being made in chaos, a life i had known for twenty-one years kicked to the curb and children to raise. the machine simply could not stop.
our theme song at our house is ice cube's you can do it.
oh, hellz yeah...you can do it if you put your back into it.
on the first day of school, i am certain that my kids will write 'what i did this summer' at least once. so, here is my ode to that milliondollah question.
1) i did it and put my back into it.
2) i realized that i would rather not run with someone than just be someone's 'good run'.
3) the human spirit is amazingly resilient and God truly does have our backs.
4) i learned how to unlock a bathroom door from the outside.
5) i learned how to keep my pool clean and how to check the chemicals.
6) everything really does have its own place.
7) i finally got my first tattoo that i have been wanting since my brooklyn days and finally got my nose pierced this week.
8) a girl can make her cake and eat it, too.
9) roses of success really grow out of the ashes of disaster.
10) bret michaels is kinda hot and i forgive him for that freaking headband action.