Wednesday, December 19, 2012
love over terror (okay, terrier)
1) my friend deb led me to this series of radio clips with dr. jill bolte taylor. the series is over her book, my stroke of insight: a brain scientist's personal journey. i cannot stop thinking about dr. taylor's experience and information that she puts forth.
2) after eighteen years of the sometimes manic making of holiday teacher gifts, we had our very last session of it this week. i wouldn't trade anything for all of those crazywonderful years.
3) in with the mix was chewy chocolate-gingerbread cookies. i always add chopped crystallized ginger to the recipe to take it to the next level of gingerness.
4) last night, i got my haircut. the blue streak was traded for school girl bangs. bang bangs. the cut is a lovechild of amelie and kimbra. note to self: no more scrunched up faces since people can now see them.
5) one of the sweetest films that i have seen is seeking a friend for the end of the world. love over terror. isn't that what it is all about?