Tuesday, April 10, 2012

luckenbach rambler

luckenbach rambler

i grew up on waylon jennings and the other outlaws, so luckenbach, texas holds a special place in my little country heart.

luckenbach rambler is new to me and had me at 'luckenbach'.

this rose has a sweet lemony scent. according to robbi at the antique rose emporium, it is a mounding rose that can grow to 12-15 feet across and 8 feet tall. the rambler is truly texas-tough and blooms continuously.

just listening to waylon makes me want to take a drive over. we donated our out-of-state license plates to its outhouse outerwear when we moved back to texas years ago and it is high time to shuffle back over and sit on the porch for a bit.

1 comment:

Sis said...

Oh, girl, I want! How's the thorn situation with it?

And I grew up on Willie and Waylon and the boys too. The name of this beauty made me smile.