Tuesday, April 10, 2012

luckenbach rambler

luckenbach rambler

i grew up on waylon jennings and the other outlaws, so luckenbach, texas holds a special place in my little country heart.

luckenbach rambler is new to me and had me at 'luckenbach'.

this rose has a sweet lemony scent. according to robbi at the antique rose emporium, it is a mounding rose that can grow to 12-15 feet across and 8 feet tall. the rambler is truly texas-tough and blooms continuously.

just listening to waylon makes me want to take a drive over. we donated our out-of-state license plates to its outhouse outerwear when we moved back to texas years ago and it is high time to shuffle back over and sit on the porch for a bit.

3 comments:

Sis said...

Oh, girl, I want! How's the thorn situation with it?

And I grew up on Willie and Waylon and the boys too. The name of this beauty made me smile.

Unknown said...

Thorn's shaped like a fish hook and curl toward the root.

Unknown said...

Oh and in good soil I had them grow overt 25' feet wide along a privacy fence. Would have gotten bigger but I had to trim it so i could get out my gate. As for height it grew over about 10 feet high. Without support it fell over the fence and went down to the ground on my neighbor's side. They liked so it I didn't have to cut it.