Tuesday, January 04, 2011

its visible attitude

mr. cheevers

jean cocteau once said “i love cats because i enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." i raise my coffee cup to that and have to add that i love chihuahuas because i enjoy my home; and a lot by a lot, they become its visible attitude.

a few months ago, boothe begged to keep picasso at his apartment. as much as i miss mr. peepers, i know that boof needs to have a little slice of home away from home with him. for Christmas, v gave me this awesome papier-mâché chihuahua that she made in honor of picasso.

we have been missing our visible attitude something fierce and adopted a fosterloved chihuahua yesterday. yes, another one. pearl is attitude galore and came home to a cat who thinks he is a dog, a cat who knows she is better than a dog and a sister and brother who already adore her.

love bounces off the walls here. the fur does fly, but that is why God made vacuums.

2 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Oh, Picasso, I'm going to miss you and your soulful eyes when I next visit.

Val said...

That papier-mâché chihuahua is incredible! Wow, what talent! And I totally get this post, and a hearty "yes" to the last line of it. Happy new year, Dawn. :)