Friday, February 15, 2008

lettuce think spring!

lettuce entertain you

i came home for fifteen minutes before running back out to the basketball game and i planted a flat of lettuce and a flat of swisschard. it was a pure will to garden smattering of moments. we are due for rain this weekend and i am due for a sitdown. sometimes, i am scared to stop because i don't know if i can start back up.

what a miracle of hope in the simple act of planting, the right to patience, the celebration of a new season and the simplicity of a shovel.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lovely picture, and inspiring. It's too early to plant anything in my part of the country, but it won't be too long. I can't wait till spring! It must be wonderful to live where it's always warm.

Brown Bee Studio said...

Yes'm it IS plantin' time in our neck of the woods isn't it? I love your words Dawn....and your viewpoint. If you get a moment, pop over to my spot....a little fun awaits! xoxo

Gin said...

I'm waiting with anticipation for our spring to get here. I know I have a couple months to go, at least!! Iwillnotwishmylifeaway Iwillnotwishmylifeaway Iwillnotwishmylifeaway

Sigh...

Diane said...

this is one BEEutiful shot D~

Marilyn said...

"what a miracle of hope in the simple act of planting, the right to patience, the celebration of a new season and the simplicity of a shovel."

Well said, Dawn!

I'm going to be planting some lettuce next weekend, and my "miracle of hope" is that the bunnies don't see it!

Marilyn