Thursday, February 21, 2008

american gangster



okay, i loved it.

last night after the basketball game, i was tryin' to paste up my taxes and expenses and tried to multitask, but had to stop. it is that good. okay, even vintage barney could outshine taxes, but the point is that ridley scott's american gangster is some kind of wonderful.

i was watching it and then common comes on and i am having a convo with myself that went something like 'daaaaaaaaaamn. is that common?' and then T.I. comes on and i am like 'hold up. is that T.I.?' so, i have to google my sanity and dang straight it is common and T.I. ... (sadly, T.I is not in this photo, but common is beautifully sportin' some stripes above on the left.)

the casting is superb. ruby dee just gets better with age, denzel rocked, as did russell crowe.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Common, the rapper? My friend sat next to him on a plane, but my friend is sixty years old (he acts 20) and he thought his name was hysterical. I forgot about this movie. I'm glad for the reminder. Can't wait to see it.

Gin said...

I wanna see it too!

I love Ruby Dee! One talented lady!!

XOXOXOX

Brown Bee Studio said...

LAWDHAMMERCY! Common is just delicious, and Russel Crowe AND Denzel? That's like a triple decker sundae with ALL the goodies piled on top! Now I have no choice but to take myself to a movie...THIS movie....lol
xoxo