Saturday, October 20, 2007
five thangs, chickenwang!
five things I could be when I grow up…(tagged by the ever-mizthang, carla) though, i love what i am doing now...but i do like the idea of grownup!
1) art teacher (from 7th grade to 12th grade): i especially love jr. high kids. their unique souls haven't scabbed over and they still believe they can do everything they set their mind on and should be told daily.
2) photographer: i love photos. they do to me what a book does to a reader. they let you travel, up close or afar.
3) film critic: what a life that would be.
4) gardener: if i could work my hours in the shade.
5) barista: really, i could.
what five things would you like to be?
this photo is part of our memory wall between the kitchen & (obviously) the pink room. it is full of good memories & castoffs found in different places. the kids will come home & tuck certain items in it. can you really save all of the good memories and delete all of the bad ones? i hope so.
november is national blog posting month. you might need eleven days to think about this, but can you rise to the challenge? i just signed on at nablopomo.ning.com, though you can do it on your own. my thinking is to sign up to feel extraaccountable since 'challenge' is the perfect word for it. i will continue to post solely on this blog, but you could post there, too, in addition to your blog.
for the past two mornings, we have been waking up to cool mornings, like what-halloween-should-feel-like cool. it is so exciting & makes me want to cook oatmeal.